Our writing tips posts usually feature a variety of articles from around the web offering great tips for writers, specifically those writing fiction and memoir. Today we’re going to do things a little differently because we’ve found a great resource stuffed with writing tips.
Botham Writers offers “Writing Tips from the Masters,” a collection of writing tips and advice from top authors including Neil Gaiman, P.D. James, Jack Kerouac, Michael Moorcock, Elmore Leonard, Billy Wilder, Joyce Carol Oats, Henry Miller, Joss Wedon, Struck & White, and a wide variety of classic and modern writers. It covers all types of writing, from general writing and professional writing tips to writing scripts and published material.
- Neil Gaiman: 8 Good Writing Practices
- Kurt Vonnegut: 8 Basics of Creative Writing
- Joss Whedon: The Five Things Your Script Has to Have
- Tracy Kidder & Richard Todd: 10 Writing Insights
- Michael Moorcock: 10 Tips for Good Storytelling
- Annie Proulx: 5 Techniques for Good Craftsmanship<
- Edgar Allan Poe: 5 Essentials for the Better of a Story
Get through all of these and you might find the secret sauce in good writing.