The Forest Grove Community and Senior Center in Forest Grove, Oregon, will be closed for Labor Day this year. The meeting will be at Schmidlin Farm in Vernonia at the usual time. Susan and Mike have graciously agreed to host us, and tours of the farm will be available after lunch.
We will do prompts and writing exercises from 9AM to about noon, then have a potluck lunch. Please bring something to share with everyone with a small sign that indicates any potential food allergies.
As a reminder, if you haven’t signed up for the WordPress and Scrivener 4-week courses yet, head to the Center and register to ensure a spot in the classes. The first one begins the Monday after Labor Day.
We will return to our regularly scheduled programming the following week.
Have a great holiday weekend and enjoy the extended hot summer while it lasts. See you on Monday!
Starting in June, Writers in the Grove members will be challenge to submit a piece for our new prompt-a-month series on this website.
Like our workshop prompts, we love the creativity of our writers. We are eager to show off their talents each month with their own unique take on the prompt-of-the-month for the website.
Here is how it works:
- Before the first of each month we will announce a prompt for that month.
- Writers in the Grove members only may submit one submission each per month.
- Submissions are accepted by our submission form or email to Lorelle, Susan, or Ann Farley, or delivered in person, printed on white paper in a clean font suitable for scanning.
- The deadline is the first of the next month.
- Submissions accepted will be published throughout that month.
- The copyright of the submitted work is retained by the author, and a submission gives us permission to publish it on our website here.
- Edit your work well, and consider having other members review it before submission. Submit your best work. We have the right to refuse to publish a submission. The rules of our workshops hold for these submissions as well.
Members are welcome to share their work in our workshops before submission.
We’re excited about this new opportunity for our members to strut their stuff and to help build some publishing credits. Be ready for some brilliant work. We’re love showing off our members’ talents.
On Labor Day, September 7, 2015, the Forest Grove Senior and Community Center will be closed for the holiday. We will be meeting at Paul and Parks in downtown Forest Grove. The address and directions will be available at the next meetings.
If you would like to attend and are new to the group, please comment below or use our contact form and we will email you directions.